Faith Report: Knights of Columbus #11445 Meeting April 12, 2021
- Rice Bowls are being collected so please bring them to the Church or donate at crsricebowl.com. Donations help Catholic Relief Services in over 100 countries.
- Men’s and Woman’s Fellowships are going on right now. Men’s is either Saturday 6:45-8:15 AM or Tuesday 7:50-9:10PM (same program two great offerings). Woman’s is 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month at 8PM for zoom prayer of the Rosary. Check Bulletin for more info.
- St. Michael’s is trying to build a fence and the cost has doubled to $62K. Wondering if we know any knights who can help spearhead this project and do it for a lot less. We used to do projects like this for the Church back in the day, doing the work ourselves to create community as well as save the Church money.
- St. Michael School is accepting students for next year. Please spread the word to everyone you know who is not in our school so they can grow up with God’s word.
A reminder to Pray and spring into action when you can for the following in order to end the evils that are plaguing our world right now. These are instrumental to the teachings of the Church and are a focus of the overall Catholic Church.
- For the end of Abortion as over 42.6 million babies died last year in the world because of abortion making it the #1 leading cause of death worldwide (another 59 million people died from all causes other than abortion).It outpaced covid deaths by a whopping 2,300%. Abortion is not something God spoke about in the Bible that is ok or that can be justified. He even made the 5th Commandment states “thou shall not kill.”
- For the sanctity of Holy Matrimony that it is understood that it is between a man and woman and for the end of divorce. If you know someone wanting to get married in the Church help them, guide them, teach them to be loving of the Sacrament of Marriage. If you know someone struggling with divorce or a person wanting a divorce, talk to both of them, help, don’t ever give it. God does not make mistakes when he joins two people into the Church together through marriage. That is why it is aSacrament. Only Satan wants divorce or a marriage not between a man and woman. Help people realize it should not be thrown away, rather fixed by getting back to God.
- To Pray the Rosary every day and teach others to pray the Rosary every day. It has been said that 1 million people pray the rosary each day and the World will rid Satan of the control that he has. “Some people are so foolish that they think they can go through life without the help of the Blessed Mother. Love the Madonna and pray the rosary, for her Rosary is the weapon against the evils of the world today.All graces given by God pass through the Blessed Mother.” ~St. Padre Pio
“No one can live continually in sin and continue to say the Rosary: either they will give up sin or they will give up the Rosary.” ~Bishop Hugh Doyle The power of the Rosary is immense. You cannot recite it repeatedly and not be changed in some way for the better. If you continue to say it Mary will not leave you alone to live in sin, she will bring her Son to you.
“A similar need for commitment and prayer arises in relation to another critical contemporary issue: the family, the primary cell of society, increasingly menaced by forces of disintegration on both the ideological and practical planes, so as to make us fear for the future of this fundamental and indispensable institution and, with it, for the future of society as a whole. The revival of the Rosary in Christian families, within the context of a broader pastoral ministry to the family, will be an effective aid to countering the devastating effects of this crisis typical of our age.” ~ St. John Paul II
To attend Church in person and receive the Eucharist in good standing. As my eyes have been opened lately, I am utterly amazed how people’s views on attending Church, on the absolute Truths of theChurch, and of the good vs evil have declined over the last 15 years. Are you/we really paying attention? I am guilty of it and it cost me dearly in ways I could not have imagined, but sometimes God does things to make you wake up. Almost everyone I know either makes an excuse not go to Church (usually they use the pandemic or say “does God really care if I go to Church”), even the most strict religious relatives are now lax about it due to the pandemic. Society is getting its way, the Church has enabled it by caving to politicians, and it may have lost a generation of faithful because they are not standing up and opening their doors. They say, “Oh I have dispensation, oh they told me I don’t have to go, Oh I am afraid because of the virus but yet I go shopping, I go to dinner, I go here or there.” It is amazing how much I have observed in the last year the excuses not to go to Church. There is no substitute for receiving the Holy Eucharist in person!
They say “God has more important things to do then worry about what I wear to Church or even if I attend.” People don’t see the evil in their words. I have had discussions with people on Good vs Evil and how demons are out to fight against the angels. They all laughed, said isn’t true. “Devil is not around caring about you,” they said, and “God has more important things to worry about than you,” they mock. They all have nice material things, perfect marriages, perfect high paying jobs, great kids, not really struggling, etc. Are they right? Is it true? Those people spend more time on facebook all day or listening to what politicians tell them than they do learning about God, the History of the Church, about Saints, or even attending Mass and seem to have everything. Who is right? They all seem to think I am wrong or insane or out of touch or too old school for this world. It makes me think deeply anymore but then I listened to the scriptures during Lent. How many people doubted Jesus, mocked him, etc while he was walking on Earth. How many people doubted Saints, miracles, regular religious people. Doubting Thomas wanted to see Jesus’ wounds before he believed. My point, in conclusion, is believers in Catholicism are up against forces we have never seen before: so be strong, pray daily to keep evil out as many are blind to the grave sins right in front of the faces. Listen to God as he says: “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”